Sustainable and Resilient Communities
- Originally presented May 4, 2010
Stephen Coyle’s new book, Sustainable and Resilient Communities, is a step-by-step action plan for making communities resilient, resourceful, and healthy. The webinar, presented by Stephen and contributors to the book, will cover strategies and tactics for developing an actionable plan for making neighborhoods, communities, and regions more livable, environmentally healthy, resource-conserving, and economically resilient.
- The necessary steps required to set measurable goals, and develop, evaluate, and select the best actionable measures
- Neighborhood-scale strategies and tools for resilience and "capacity-building"
- What is resilience at the neighborhood scale, and how do we get it?
- Addressing the challenges of retail through proper sizing of the transportation network
- Developing a vertically integrated local economy around food systems and value-added enterprises
- Calibrating retail locations and scale to maximize productivity, minimize unintended subsidies, and maximize competition
- Stephen Coyle, Principal, Town-Green
- Michael Mehaffy, Managing Director, Sustasis Foundation
- Seth Harry, Principal, Seth Harry and Associates, Inc.
This NCI recorded webinar can be ordered anytime for unlimited viewing
on your computer. You will need high speed internet access and a web
browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera or Internet Explorer).
Following purchase you will receive login details by e-mail within 1-2
business days. Webinar is approximately 90-minutes long.