Sustainable and Resilient Communities
- Originally presented May 4, 2010
Stephen Coyle’s new book, Sustainable and Resilient Communities, is a step-by-step action plan for making communities resilient, resourceful, and healthy. The webinar, presented by Stephen and contributors to the book, will cover strategies and tactics for developing an actionable plan for making neighborhoods, communities, and regions more livable, environmentally healthy, resource-conserving, and economically resilient.
- The necessary steps required to set measurable goals, and develop, evaluate, and select the best actionable measures
- Neighborhood-scale strategies and tools for resilience and "capacity-building"
- What is resilience at the neighborhood scale, and how do we get it?
- Addressing the challenges of retail through proper sizing of the transportation network
- Developing a vertically integrated local economy around food systems and value-added enterprises
- Calibrating retail locations and scale to maximize productivity, minimize unintended subsidies, and maximize competition
- Stephen Coyle, Principal, Town-Green
- Michael Mehaffy, Managing Director, Sustasis Foundation
- Seth Harry, Principal, Seth Harry and Associates, Inc.
You will need internet access, a web browser and QuickTime. Following purchase you will receive login details by e-mail.